MAC Universe in my house

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IrmaN, Jan 26, 2010.

1. IrmaN macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I have recently been bitten by the Apple craze, and am now 100% commited to going all apple :)

I have bought a Mac Mini, iPhone and soon i will get an 27" iMac and Airport Extreme Station.

So I have been thinking, what is the best set up for all this? At this point i have "problems" with my iTunes. My music library is on my windows PC and a NAS Harddrive as backkuo. So when i want to listen to the music on my Mac Mini i can see the library, but not the playlists and covers that I have on my WIndows PC.

Basically, what I want, once I get the 100% apple set up, is flawless integration og everything :) Meaning same music library and playlist on both macs, eyeTV recordings and live streamin on both if possible and as much interactions with my iPhone as possible.

Are there posts or web pages out there that cover this topic and descripe how the setup could be?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully soon an iSlate will also join the familiy :):D

Right now

2. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Kool-aid tastes great doesn't it?! ;)

Welcome to the club bub!

Once you get your library setup in iTunes and sharing turned on, verify that you have the "share entire library" radio button selected.

[​IMG]

Which eyeTV are you using?

3. TherealDDX macrumors member

I would move the iTunes library to your NAS and use it as a main library (there are some tutorials on that). Then just link other computers to it.

4. IrmaN thread starter macrumors newbie

EyeTV is the hybrid one.

And if a move my library to the NAS then as far as i can see, i can not make playlists? Cause then i have the library in the shared area of i tunes