Mac Unlock Not Working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Caliber26, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Caliber26, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I recently updated my iPhone to the iOS 11 public beta and for some reason this removed the Apple Watch app from my phone, resulting in me having to pair the watch again with the phone. Ever since, I've not been able to unlock my MPB with my watch. The error message I get says my Mac is unable to communicate with my watch.

I've researched all of the possible solutions to fixing this issue, from restarting each device, unpairing the watch and pairing it again, toggling on/off the airplane mode, ensuring everything is on the same wifi network, bluetooth on/off, having a lock code activated on the watch, etc, and nothing has worked so far. I've even looked at the iOS 11 threads to see if unlocking with the watch is currently not working for others but I haven't found anything that suggests that this is a common issue.

All of my devices are up to do date as far as software updates go: macOS 10.12.6, iOS 11 (Beta 3), and watchOS 3.2.3. -- Anyone have any idea of how I can fix this?

Attached Files:

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

You answered your question yourself: beta.

3. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Gotcha. I figured that might be one of the reasons why but since I didn’t see iOS 11 Beta users discussing this issue I wasn’t sure if it was just me or something I’d done on my end. Thanks.