Mac Up To Date Program

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mac3973, Jul 19, 2011.

1. mac3973 macrumors member

Does anyone know what the process will most likely be tomorrow for people who purchased a qualifying mac On or After June 6, to receive a free copy?

I know that this site says to return when "Lion is released in July"- http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

Will the process allow for immediate download tomorrow, or will there most likely be a time period I would have to wait for to receive my free copy?

Thanks in advance

2. Mr.C, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

This is all new for Apple. No one knows what will happen. Theoretically you can just be given a redemption code and download as soon as Apple validates your machine is eligible for the up to date program.

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I am sure it will be an easy process. I have an iMac that is eligible. What I am really wondering is...will I be able to upgrade my MacBook Pro to Lion for free since I will "purchase" it on the App Store for free on my iMac?

5. mac3973 thread starter macrumors member

ya, I am hoping for a quick and easy verification on the up to date page, then a redemption code for an immediate download in the mac app store.