Mac update

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Vyvyenne, May 7, 2009.

1. Vyvyenne macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone

I am new to forum and also a new user of Mac. So my first ? Please can someone tell my how long the Java update should take. I started to update and 1 hour later it is still going, it did state it could take a while. I thought this seemed quite a long time for a new machine. So logged off. Before I start again is this normal for a Java update.

Lesley

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No... shouldn't take that long (depending on your connection)
    I would restart my Mac and try it again and see what happens

And welcome to the Forum and the Mac community!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well Java updates aren't very frequent and since it sounds like you're on a new Mac it may indeed take a while to download the updates since it may be a few behind. The server it's connecting to may be very busy or something got goofed during the update. Restarting your machine shouldn't hurt anything and you can give the update another shot.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Depends on your internet connection. If you are on fiber optics or fast internet, it takes a minute to a few minutes to download. If you are on dial up modem, then it could be half a day to download.

5. Vyvyenne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I am on a fast internet so it was obviously not downloading properly. I will Try again and keep my fingers crossed.

Lesley Vyvyenne