Mac User Holiday.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I say we take one day of the year and create an official Mac User holiday. Almost like any other holiday, but with Mac decorations and presents.

The idea just popped into my head and I imagined a huge global holiday with a parade starting and ending at the biggest apple store in each country. :p

I think it's something we as a mac community should think about and promote to gain Mac awareness.

Post your ideas and thoughts here.

Note: I've been up for 24 hours so if I'm being a little crazy please alert me to go to sleep.

jamone80

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
So Cal
holida would be interesting. but what month/day? i say we celebrate it on easter. cant stand easter eggs....:mad:

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
I think sometime in February would be nice...it'd give you something to look forward to during the dead of winter.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
jamone80 said:
holida would be interesting. but what month/day?
Naturally it should be April 1 (Apple's Birthday), but we might have a hard time getting people to take us seriously.

...Actually, I'm not sure I would take us seriously. :p ;)

...Or we could go with Steve Job's Birthday, February 24. ...Or Woz's Birthday, August 11.

jamone80

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
So Cal
EricNau said:
Naturally it should be April 1 (Apple's Birthday), but we might have a hard time getting people to take us seriously.

...Actually, I'm not sure I would take us seriously. :p ;)

...Or we could go with Steve Job's Birthday, February 24. ...Or Woz's Birthday, August 11.
regardless of what day, it should be mandated that all Apple Store's cut at least 30% of all their merchandise. that'll get people to take em seriously.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
I like this idea.

Let's go with February 24th. Because my Birthday's on the 25th, so I could have two holidays in a row!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Gee said:
It should be a Tuesday...
i think it should be whenever the G5 powerbooks come out. And then every year we will celebrate that day....

I've been drinking; gray goose is awesome! ;)