Mac User ISP

*Y*

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
VA
Hey Guys,
Sorry, this is not really a software question but I didn't know where else to put it. I remember there was an dial-up. ISP specifically for mac users buy mac users. I think they had an orange in their logo and had it as part of their name. Does anyone know what the name of the ISP was. I can't seem to find anything on Google. Thanks in advance. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
You can use any ISP.

The idea that only certain ISPs are suitable for Macs is pernicious nonsense.

If you're using dial-up, the only thing that should concern you are the call-charges and what kind of benefits you get: i.e. email addresses, webspace, speed & reliabilty of connection, etc.

*Y*

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
VA
No thats not what I meant. I just liked that ISP and wanted to see what they offer. But thanks. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Here's a thread that you might find useful.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=51164

I think I know the one you mean, though... it was a MacBytes thread but I think the ISP in question was UK only. And quite pricy too...

I just see it as price-gouging of inexperiencedand/or unaware Mac users... you're best finding out who does the best deal, not worrying about who makes a big thing about Macs. It's extremely unlikely that they're running their server on a Mac anyway...