Mac users not liking iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by benwizkid, Sep 26, 2010.

1. benwizkid macrumors member

benwizkid

Are there any mac users on this forum (Who looooove macs) that don't like the iPods and iDevices?

I personally am getting sick of iPods all of mine have had issues

2. three macrumors 6502a

three

I still love some iPods but I love my Zune HD as well. :)

3. benwizkid thread starter macrumors member

benwizkid

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I love iPods, especially the Touch.
    And I'm a Mac fanatic.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I've never had issues with any of my iPods and I've had probably around a dozen.

6. benwizkid thread starter macrumors member

benwizkid

I see well thats good to hear! Today I got a 1611 error on my touch when I tried restoring (reason I restored in the first place was because my mac wasnt reading my ouch). The restore finally worked when I did it on my PC. I hope there isn't something wrong with my mac :(

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

8. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

If there was a native OSX version of the Zune software then I would too.

9. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I dont dislike the iPods but they keep changing them and not always for the better. This shuffle is better than the previous one, not so sure about the nano. The one thing that annoys me though is that the audio quality is the same year after year so your paying just for features as opposed to improving the most important factor (the sound quality).

The Touch is awesome at what it does but if you just wanted something to play music id avoid the nano and shuffle and look elsewhere

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

How exactly do you expect them to change the sound quality? An iPod cannot upconvert your sound files as you sync them - if the data isn't in the file it can't be magically created.
    If you're looking for better sound quality, I'd suggest getting a better set of ear or headphones.

11. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I owned Macs for a few years now and have used computers for over 40 years. I have an iPod Touch I use as a PDA. I bought a Nano earlier that I returned after 2 days and won another that I gave away. I have no desire for any other iPod/iPhone/iPad products. Not that anything is wrong with them in general (though my Nano was defective) but they don't fit my lifestyle.

12. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Up converting isn't anything to do with it, its all about the audio chip. And i have great earphones thanks, thats how i can tell that the sound quality isn't as good as other mp3 players i have heard

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I hate them too.

14. peestandingup macrumors regular

Well, if you're an OSX/Mac user, I'd say you may wanna get used the iDevices. iOS is clearly the future OS of all of Apple's products.

15. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

I would assume by elsewhere that you meant the CLASSIC iPOD? I had a Zune, which could not hold the .wav files or .aiff file either. They could do a windows lossless, but, as a mac user, I find useless in addition to lack of Mac software.

I find the Classic to work wonderfully as a digital music player. I tried using a Zune for this, but it had a slew of issues. Granted it is only an electronic piece of equipment, but I had more issues than I have had with any iPod I have used.

16. benwizkid thread starter macrumors member

benwizkid

iOS is definitely not going to be on apples fullsize computers. If that happens I will only buy PCs from then on.

17. kepner macrumors 6502

I was a Zune user for a few years. I had a 30, an 8, and a 16GB Zune HD. The Zune Pass subscription is great. I just got tired of carrying around a separate device for music. So, I subscribe to Rhapsody on my iPhone now.

Also, it was the only reason I had a Boot Camp partition, which has now been deleted.

18. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

iPods

I think iPods are great. I do only buy them when my current device is dying in performance.

19. peestandingup macrumors regular

No, but desktops will probably die anyway. So will traditional laptops. Laptop sales ate away at desktop sales until they're basically nothing (they're VERY low these days, people want portability), now iPad is doing the same thing to laptop sales. And its only Gen 1. It'll just grow from here.

Give it 5-10 years & iOS will have matured enough to be a "full" OS. I'd bet anything on there won't be a Mac OS 11.

20. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

This thread cracks me up, set up by someone doing a drive-by.. However, I have to think about an iPod Mini that died before the warranty, but was happy and made whole by the return policy.

I don't think they make crap as implied by the question.

21. benwizkid thread starter macrumors member

benwizkid

haha at the time I posted this I was having iPod issues and was mad at it lol. Now I am not mad at my iPod anymore xD.

22. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

Forgot to add this

If I can figure out how to post a pic here. I wish I had 2 iPods strapped to my knees while I was roller-blading around the neighborhood. This was in my left hand, full speed wipeout- knees to the bone, glasses broken and Nose/forehead mess. Absolutely humiliating as I got in shape for hockey season 4-5 years ago. My son (hockey player) refused to roller blade after seeing me come up the driveway. It's taken me years to admit I crashed (lol).. but this is what saved my left hand while my right was a bloody mess.. iPod continues to work flawlessly (Ok battery life is pretty low..) till this day..

Attached Files:

23. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

The classic is a good shout. Lots of storage, good pricing and that fantastic click wheel control for use while still in your pocket. :D
    Just glad they keep it selling it as it never got an update this september

24. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I have a 1G clickwheel and a 3G touch.

I don't generally assign feelings to inanimate objects, but I do wish the 3G had better battery life (Apple's fault), and more capacity (my fault for not buying a larger one).

I also wish that they had been invented years earlier, so I wouldn't have had to go through the chore of carefully assembling cassette tape mixes, or burning CDs to bring portability to my music, all while walking through the snow uphill to get to school and back. Now, get off my lawn.

Seriously, if you've never lived in a time when computers, iPods, the internet and cellphones weren't ubiquitous, mainstream modern conveniences, you don't know how good you have it.

25. mark28 macrumors 68000

Yeah right.

If a MBP i7 is too slow for professional use, what makes you think an iPod will be powerfull enough. :D

I even pushed the limits of a 8 core Mac pro too.

Not everybody does only surfing and entering some text.

And you're still tied to App store and iTunes which sucks.