Mac Users Using IE or Running Windows XP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by himynameisjon, Dec 28, 2008.

1. himynameisjon macrumors newbie

himynameisjon

as many of you may already know there was a critical flaw in security for every version of IE mainly the versions released within the xp era, windows claims to have fixed the problem but for mac users running xp or running it through boot camp IE is still fairly un secure, i would just urge you guys to research it yourself and in the mean time try to stick to safari or fire fox when browsing

2. smokedog macrumors regular

Microsoft has released a patch to fix this issue. Also why would a mac user running bootcamp be any different for a native windows user?

3. himynameisjon thread starter macrumors newbie

himynameisjon

i was trying to say that running boot camp or not it didnt matter, i shouldnt have even mentioned boot camp LOL, on my regular mac book the patch didnt completely fix the problem and after asking around about if the patch completely fixed IE Major security Flaw, i was told that there will still alot of things microsoft had yet to adress, i still think its wise to wait untill the end of the quater to see if microsoft will then release something else to fix the problem

4. smokedog macrumors regular