Mac Virus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tom Foolery, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

lol ya i bet the title caught you attention. so anyways i'm getting my first mac in a couple days, I'm so hyped for it. but i was just wondering what i should do for anti-virus and anti-spyware, and especially what should i do while running parallels or boot-camp. any programs you recommend. for my windows i have avast and I'm more than happy with it

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There are NO viruses you can pick up for OSX...use avast in Parallels and Boot Camp if you like it. There are anti-virus apps for OSX (including the popular ClamXAV) but they only scan for Windows viruses incase you're sharing files with unprotected PCs :)

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

For the Mac you do not need anything, but for windows you will and if you like what you are using now I would suggest going with that.

4. wazgilbert macrumors regular

I deleted the viruses and malware from my imac,

it was the microsoft office testdrive!

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

At the moment there's no viruses or spyware for OS X, so you don't need anything. :)

6. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

For Parallels or Boot Camp, Norton or McAfee. Or check to see if your ISP offers some antivirus software for free.