iPad Mac VS Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mintfan7200, Feb 18, 2014.

1. mintfan7200 macrumors member

mintfan7200

Which one do you guys use the most your mac or your ipad .

2. chabig, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

chabig macrumors 68040

Welcome to MacRumors. What makes this question worth discussion? You might as well ask whether we prefer blue or pink? Let's try to have meaningful conversation, instead of just "which do you like better?" or "which do you use most?". Is there really a point to your question? A Mac and an iPad are different tools. You could ask the same things about hammers and screwdrivers--seems pointless to me.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Each one services its own purposes. I use my laptop for work, which includes connecting to servers remotely and various office docs. While I can do that on an iPad, I'd rather not.

I use my iPad for reading, surfing, some light email stuff and some light games.

4. Atrin1 macrumors regular

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

Word !

Each has it's purpose. For sheer convenience and consumption, you can't beat the iPad. I have a Mac Mini sitting on my desk. It does it all for me, web browsing, Mac Office, and TurboTax.

6. Mainsail macrumors 6502a

I think it is a fair question to ask. A lot of people are using tablets to do some, but not all, of the things that they used to do on a desktop or laptop. If you are in the market, I can see why one would wonder how much use other folks get from their iPad vs Mac, since it might influence your buying and refresh decisions.

For work, my employer provides a laptop and that's pretty much what I use.

For home, I own a Mac Mini and iPad. They complement each other nicely. At least 80% of what I do at home is done on the iPad. It is just so convenient for email, calendar, web, photos, books, etc.. The Apps are great. I also do simple content creation on the iPad using iWork and Notes. If the content is more complicated, which is rare, I will polish off the draft documents on the Mac Mini. Frankly, when I come home from work, the last thing I want to do is dive into complex spreadsheets and presentation......I do that all day long at work. So, the iPad's simplicity and ease of use is ideal for most of what I do after work.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I like them both equally, they are like my children. Both have different uses.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I used both everyday. I use my rMBP for research and other stuff and iPad for reading, netflix movies, and light gaming. :apple:

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

10. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I personally use my rMBP the most. I use the iPad mostly when I'm out of the house, but when I'm home I always go to my laptop first. I feel it's the easiest to use when I want to write or watch movies (the movies on the iPad are for on the go).