Mac vs PC Commercial....music needed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by trot, Aug 30, 2007.

1. trot macrumors newbie

Silly request.....

But I need to get ahold of that "baby music" that is played in the background of the Mac vs PC commercials.

Anyone know where I can find it? (outside of the actual commercials)

Many thanks,

2. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

3. iMouseHD macrumors regular

Thanks ClassisBean, not my request but happy you offered it up none the less.:)

4. trot thread starter macrumors newbie

Classic Bean...you are bloody resourceful

Thanks !!!!

5. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

You use the term "bloody" like a true Brit. If you are, I want you to know that I quite fancy bot Nobby's Crisps. Best chips - sorry crisps - ever.

6. manderson7 macrumors newbie

Hi

I am also looking for the song that plays during the Mac PC commercials. it looks like the link to the zip file has expired. if some one could point me to a link that works I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Michael

7. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

8. iboy38 macrumors member

iboy38

Sorry for bumping this thread but this is kinda important. At school I'm filming a anti-smoking ad that will be a spoof of the "Mac vs. Pc" commercials but mine will be called "Smoker vs. Non Smoker". So my question is if I use this music for my PSA will it be considered copy right???

9. iboy38 macrumors member

iboy38

10. iboy38 macrumors member

iboy38

Yeah, but will it be copyright if I use it in my school PSA???

11. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Sorry. I was actually replying to the first few posts which I then realized are both old and nothing to do with your question that bumped the thread. Tried to delete but too slow I guess.

As for your question if it's just fir a school project then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's actually going to air somewhere outside of class, then I would think you need to license it.

12. snberk103 macrumors 603

Start with the assumption that any music is copyright, and that by using or copying the music you are infringing on that copyright. Then see if your intended use fits into the exceptions.

You can make copies of music for yourself, as a backup.
    Some music is released free of copyright, or with the right to make as many copies as you want.
    There are "fair use" uses of music that allow you to use a piece of music.
    etc. etc.

I don't know enough about the topic and your use to know if your intended use is covered by "fair use", but it's a safe bet that the owners and licencee of the music will be keeping control of that music pretty tight to preserve their cash cow.

I'm reaching into the dim dark recesses of my memory, but I believe someone recreated the "feel" of the music for their own spoof. Perhaps they released it to the public domain. Or, get a musically inclined friend to recreate the impression of the music.