Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
zap2 said:
So you going to ignore the fact its used and its still slower, less harddrive space ect ect

Not only that! He is ignoring the fact that it is refurbished.
Refurbished MacBook for $949 on Apple Store.

He also ignores the fact that it comes with Windows Media Center and not even Windows XP Home.

He also ignores the fact that it doesn't come with an iSight or a remote.

He also ignores the fact that it doesn't have Bluetooth built in.

But he chooses to believe on the urban myth that is the magsafe melting. Even if the original case that was the one that made the news was said to have been caused by the owner's cat.

I am sorry for feeding the troll, i try not to reply to people without the "gift" of using facts as arguments. I'll try not to do it again.

kunio

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2006
Australia
I'm a mac newbie & I love its s/w package & design so far. But since I bought a macbook a week ago, I'm getting into trouble after trouble which I didn't encounter with a precious pc. At this pace, I might go back to my strong ex, pc.. I already decided to build a pc desktop. I think the weakest point of mac is less consumer base to compare with pc although this seems to attract some people who want to feel special, not me. I need more people to ask about trouble shooting and all my friends have a pc, they can't answer. :(

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
colocolo said:
Not only that! He is ignoring the fact that it is refurbished.
Refurbished MacBook for $949 on Apple Store.

He also ignores the fact that it comes with Windows Media Center and not even Windows XP Home.

He also ignores the fact that it doesn't come with an iSight or a remote.

He also ignores the fact that it doesn't have Bluetooth built in.

But he chooses to believe on the urban myth that is the magsafe melting. Even if the original case that was the one that made the news was said to have been caused by the owner's cat.

I am sorry for feeding the troll, i try not to reply to people without the "gift" of using facts as arguments. I'll try not to do it again.

here is a better deal that is BRAND spanking new so you can't whine and say it's a refurb'd. BETTER specs than a macbook and only $709 when you add bluetooth, processor and screen upgrades. Face it the macbook is overpriced and this is a good example. you hardcore mac peeps still won't think it's overpriced hardware with the dell deal right in front of your face. and btw if you knew anything about microsoft OS you would know that media center edition is a basic version of XP PRO with the media pack on top of that.

https://slickdeals.net/

ericmjl

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2006
kunio said:
I'm a mac newbie & I love its s/w package & design so far. But since I bought a macbook a week ago, I'm getting into trouble after trouble which I didn't encounter with a precious pc. At this pace, I might go back to my strong ex, pc.. I already decided to build a pc desktop. I think the weakest point of mac is less consumer base to compare with pc although this seems to attract some people who want to feel special, not me. I need more people to ask about trouble shooting and all my friends have a pc, they can't answer. :(

What kind of problems did you run into?

Anyways, I think it's a hard transition because of you being used to Windows. I mean, like, when I get my own white MacBook, I foresee myself having problems adjusting too... but I think I'm willing to give it a shot. Perhaps you're right... I just want to feel special using a Mac, but I'm pretty sure I can, through my own usage of a Mac, convince other users to use Macs too. Come to think of it, I've already got a friend who's considering getting a Mac on the account that the PC he wants is too expensive. (!!! first time I've ever heard that !!!) He's holding out, wanting to see how good my MacBook is, before he makes a decision.

Even if you can't find answers from friends, just describe your problem here in MacRumors Forums, and you'll likely get an answer sooner or later. Or there's another resource... just go and look at Apple's Support page. That'll probably work out for you too.

kunio

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2006
Australia
ericmjl said:
Even if you can't find answers from friends, just describe your problem here in MacRumors Forums, and you'll likely get an answer sooner or later. Or there's another resource... just go and look at Apple's Support page. That'll probably work out for you too.

Yeah I did post here and finally sorted out all the troubles I had last night. Members here are very helpful, they might not give you the exact answer as the computer problem is not always simple, but they will give you an idea of what to do next.

I am enjoying a photo booth and a garage band a lot. It's so much fun! I'm loving it. Oh not macdonald, MACBOOK :D

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
dejo said:
Well, if you think that has the same specs as a MacBook, I guess that's your prerogative. :)
He is looking at a refurb. Thats like comparing the price of a new car to a used car. Blaah.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
mojohanna said:
He is looking at a refurb. Thats like comparing the price of a new car to a used car. Blaah.

why don't u open your eyes and look a few posts up. $709 BRAND spanking new try to find an excuse now and get back with me. and no your excuse can't be welll it's DELL and DELL's just suck. it's the EXACT same hardware now the only difference is the casing and the OS which is NOT worth $400. just face the fact that dell makes the same laptops cheaper. I could find you deals on 17inch lappies from dell with better specs than a MBP at around half the cost, but you guys still wouldn't believe that either. you would say hey post it and then come up with another excuse saying why it's not better or cheaper. you're just trying to ignore the fact that you overpaid.

haha now since the deal is expired that is going to be your excuse.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
rmhop81 said:
why don't u open your eyes and look a few posts up. $709 BRAND spanking new try to find an excuse now and get back with me. and no your excuse can't be welll it's DELL and DELL's just suck. it's the EXACT same hardware now the only difference is the casing and the OS which is NOT worth $400. just face the fact that dell makes the same laptops cheaper. I could find you deals on 17inch lappies from dell with better specs than a MBP at around half the cost, but you guys still wouldn't believe that either. you would say hey post it and then come up with another excuse saying why it's not better or cheaper. you're just trying to ignore the fact that you overpaid.

haha now since the deal is expired that is going to be your excuse.

I would have to say that it is you who should check a few posts back. Here is the page the poster quoted. It clearly lists REFURBISHED*****. You can PM me you apology. Now step off.

Operating System
Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
Memory
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (1 DIMM)
Hard Disk Drive
40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
Certified Refurbished
Certified Refurbished

Base
Inspiron 6400/E1505 Notebook: Intel Core Duo processor T2300 (2MB Cache/1.66GHz/667MHz FSB)
Media Bay
8x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
Network Interface Card
1390 Wireless Card
NoteBook Screen
15.4 inch UltraSharp Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife
Software
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Reader
Paint Shop Pro Standard
Power DVD Software
McAfee Security Center, 90 Day
Netscape ISP Software
Music Match 10.1 Software
ISP Search Assist
Software
AOL 8.0 ISP Software
ONLINE TRAINING
Earthlink ISP Software
Wild Tangent Gaming Client
Net Zero ISP
Image Restore Software
ISP Software
Support Software
AOL ISP Software
AOL 8.0 ISP Software
Photo Album 6.0 Starter
No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
MEDIADIRECT Two Software
Dell Direct Download
DVD Software
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Windows Media Player
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Misc
Keyboard On Notebook
Hinge Cover
Shipping Material
6 Cell Primary Battery
AOL Software Documentation
Processor Label
Nylon Carrying Case
Base Assembly
65W Adapter
Shipping Material

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
mojohanna said:
I would have to say that it is you who should check a few posts back. Here is the page the poster quoted. It clearly lists REFURBISHED*****. You can PM me you apology. Now step off.

Operating System
Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
Memory
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (1 DIMM)
Hard Disk Drive
40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
Certified Refurbished
Certified Refurbished

Base
Inspiron 6400/E1505 Notebook: Intel Core Duo processor T2300 (2MB Cache/1.66GHz/667MHz FSB)
Media Bay
8x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
Network Interface Card
1390 Wireless Card
NoteBook Screen
15.4 inch UltraSharp Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife
Software
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Reader
Paint Shop Pro Standard
Power DVD Software
McAfee Security Center, 90 Day
Netscape ISP Software
Music Match 10.1 Software
ISP Search Assist
Software
AOL 8.0 ISP Software
ONLINE TRAINING
Earthlink ISP Software
Wild Tangent Gaming Client
Net Zero ISP
Image Restore Software
ISP Software
Support Software
AOL ISP Software
AOL 8.0 ISP Software
Photo Album 6.0 Starter
No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
MEDIADIRECT Two Software
Dell Direct Download
DVD Software
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Windows Media Player
AOL 9.0 ISP Software
Misc
Keyboard On Notebook
Hinge Cover
Shipping Material
6 Cell Primary Battery
AOL Software Documentation
Processor Label
Nylon Carrying Case
Base Assembly
65W Adapter
Shipping Material

once again, YOU must be blind....read post #55. apologize to you bc u can't read? you keep ignoring the fact about post #55 which is BRAND spanking new for $709.......here is a link to the deal since you are blind and can't click the link in post #55

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
The fact of the matter here is Dell laptops are cheaper... PERIOD. To add insult to injury, not only are they cheaper but they are better built. I'm sorry to say it but it is true. I have seen 4 bad macbooks and I know a guy who had a macbook pro die on him after a few months. We have countless Dell laptops at work and they all work great. I'm sorry, but I just cannot see why people are so down on Dell. Sure, windows has its problems everyone know that. BUT, people need to start owning up to the fact that Apple computers are full of issues right now. The Intel transition is just not going very smoothly. If you don't like Dell that is fine.. but at least have a good reason for it before you bash it just for not being an Apple.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Simple, really

Instead of going on about price, hardware, design, looks and all, I'll summarize in one easy point:

Get a Mac if you want to use OS X, a PC if you want to use Windows or Linux.

Apple is all about the software, and a Mac is the only (legal/easy) way to run OS X and iLife (and iWork - Keynote rocks).

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
rmhop81 said:
once again, YOU must be blind....read post #55. apologize to you bc u can't read? you keep ignoring the fact about post #55 which is BRAND spanking new for $709.......here is a link to the deal since you are blind and can't click the link in post #55

Im not talking about post 55 nor was I ever talking about post 55. My OP was regading post #12.

I think you need to check your medication. it is making you too hyper.

Check the link from post 12 for yourself. Again, clearly speaking of a REFURBED laptop.
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...tails?systemId=EP1R8F5R&c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
mojohanna said:
Im not talking about post 55 nor was I ever talking about post 55. My OP was regading post #12.

I think you need to check your medication. it is making you too hyper.

Check the link from post 12 for yourself. Again, clearly speaking of a REFURBED laptop.
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...tails?systemId=EP1R8F5R&c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh
haha RIGHT, that's why you never acknowledged it. you complained that it was a refurb so i showed you a brand new one that you completetly ignored and continue to ignore. hmmmm wonder what ur reason for not replying is??? it's shocking to you that it's $400 cheaper for the same laptop that apple is charging $1100 for???

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Guys, I'm no mod but I can still see that it's getting a bit silly. Calm down please (for the sake of trying to keep this a nice discussion :eek: ).

I'll probably get banned for that now.... :rolleyes:

pahanorlando

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Orlando,FL
I am sorry but I think I post this topic not to find out whats better, refurbnished dell or mac, my last question was ifyou think that windows on mac would load up in 15 seconds? thanks

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
pahanorlando said:
I am sorry but I think I post this topic not to find out whats better, refurbnished dell or mac, my last question was ifyou think that windows on mac would load up in 15 seconds? thanks

Windows will boot up in whatever time it will on a dual-core 2Ghz machine. Sorry I can't give you specifics, I use Parallels which is slightly different...

... correction, I never use Parallels. It is installed and I just boot up Windows and Office for the benefit for the curious. I never actually use it (a 10-year Windows veteran here).

Boot camp requires retail SP2 - that's a recent version of Boxed Windows XP (i.e. not one that comes preinstalled with PC's). Parallels will work with older versions of Windows XP, and probably OEM ones too (I think I installed one Mac with retail SP1, another with OEM SP2. Both no problems, I just had to run craploads of updates in the SP1 install). As for the difference between Parallels and Boot Camp, search and Google are your friends.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
viccles said:
Sounds like its more complicated to transfer to a mac than it sounds!

Unless you're a real numbnuts, no. As I said the real question for the vast majority of people doing ordinary things is... why even bother running Windows on a Mac (unless you game)?

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
rmhop81 said:
haha RIGHT, that's why you never acknowledged it. you complained that it was a refurb so i showed you a brand new one that you completetly ignored and continue to ignore. hmmmm wonder what ur reason for not replying is??? it's shocking to you that it's $400 cheaper for the same laptop that apple is charging $1100 for???

No, I just don't care.

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
rmhop81 said:
here is a better deal that is BRAND spanking new so you can't whine and say it's a refurb'd. BETTER specs than a macbook and only $709 when you add bluetooth, processor and screen upgrades. Face it the macbook is overpriced and this is a good example. you hardcore mac peeps still won't think it's overpriced hardware with the dell deal right in front of your face. and btw if you knew anything about microsoft OS you would know that media center edition is a basic version of XP PRO with the media pack on top of that.

Cheap isn't everything. If cheaper were better we'd all be driving Yugo's. I bought my first Mac in January of this year. I chose it over a cheaper, similarly equiped HP. If I had known then what I know now, ....I would have gladly paid twice as much for the Mac. A computer is fun to use again! I trust it! The OS is the deal breaker on Dell and HP.

Macs. Cheap at twice the price! ( Damn, I hope Steve Jobs doesn't read that!!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.