Mac>VTS/VOB files >Mpeg streamclip > PS3 > how to convert so its upscaled?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by steveOooo, Sep 11, 2009.

1. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

i have various dvd rips of stuff and i want to convert the vts.vob files into a upscaled image that will playback on a ps3 - so dimensions would be 1280x720 - what would the other settings be? has anyone converted vob into upscaled video for playback on a ps3?

Most of the content is anamorphic - less than 16x9 - is there a way to zoom in a bit / crop a bit so that its a quarter zoomed in?

I also have Final Cut Pro - which im sure can wee on mpeg streamclip, although mpeg streamclip is excellent (and free!)

2. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

I've converted it, though I haven't bothered upscaling. The PS3 does an excellent job of upscaling, so were I you, I'd just convert to H.264 with the iTunes .m4v extension, using pixel dimensions of 853x480 for anamorphic 16:9 content.

3. steveOooo thread starter macrumors 6502a

but the ps3 upscales dvd disc playback, not video playback?

the dimensions - will that zoom in a bit on the anamorphic? think ill have a pop at a few tests.

4. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

PS3 will scale all video content, stretch, zoom, or proportionally (black bars). 853x480 are the pixel dimensions for 16:9 DVDs, with the anamorphic rendering removed so your pixels are properly square.