Mac was stolen, music lost, iPod touch remains...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Marcquito, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Marcquito macrumors member

Marcquito

So I have every bit of music that was on my mac on my ipod touch. Half of the music was purchased, the other half was copied from CDs. I would hope apple would let me download the songs again, but is there a way to take them from my ipod and transfer them to itunes when I get my mac replacement? Will this be a difficult task?

Should I download one of those programs that take the music from the ipod without using iTunes?

Is it possible to un-authorize without having the computer anymore?

Hell, I'm just plain lost. Any tips at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can re-download all your iTunes pruchases.

to upload all the music from yout iPod use Senuti.

3. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Not music as far as I know.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I've read forum members that have successfully contacted Apple and after explaining their circumstances, been able to re-download iTunes purchases.

It's worth a try.

5. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

You can transfer all purchases from an ipod when plugged in by going to the file menu in itunes and selecting 'transfer purchases from ipodname'

6. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

7. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

iTunes support is awesome. They've allowed me redownloads on multiple occasions. Just contact them with your situation.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

As far as I know, Senuti does not support the iPod Touch. :(

9. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Same here. Contacted the iTunes Store Customer Service when my MacBook was stolen. They let me re-download all my purchases music again.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

They've recently changed their policy on issues like this. They're not supposed to let you re-download anything, period. This is why we back up our files, boys and girls.

11. bdeschler macrumors newbie

They obviously have already lost their ipod, so your quote does nothing but rub salt in the wound, and has no value. You are an obvious *******, and should stay off the board.

12. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

He has actually been around here much longer than you, and is simply stating an opinion or experience.

on the other hand maybe you should stay off this forum until you can learn to control your temper and your foul language. both of which is far worse than anything Akonradi said or did.

Learn a little bit about the forums before you go and make your big first post.

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

Uh... at the time of posting, the iPod was not lost, rather the computer was. It's a legitimate practice to back up data. You cannot redownload anything, so encouraging backups is in order. Thanks for your nice words, though; they're much appreciated! I have a special place in my heart just for those like you. aufwiedersehen...

14. Marcquito thread starter macrumors member

Marcquito

Hey guys-

I don't remember if I stated this in my other "macbook pro was stolen" thread, but I did happen to back up the laptop through Time Machine the night before I was invaded. I can say that Time Machine was incredible. Not only did it back up ALL of my files and clone everything to my current MBP, but it even saved firefox and all of the tabs open from that night. Every window was open and exactly how I left it that very night. Incredible.

I had no need to contact Apple support.

Luckily they didn't steal my external drive, which was next to the laptop the entire time. If they did, I would have been screwed.

So... if you guys don't regularly back up your machines - I highly recommend that you do. It saved my ass.

Cheers!

15. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Glad your problem was fixed...

So what happened? How did he break in?