.Mac web gallery 08

dwl017

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Murder Capitol DC
Anyone using the new iLife 08 have a web gallery they could post for all to see. I am interested in seeing the new web gallery on a PC at work.

Thanks

dwl017

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Murder Capitol DC
Thanks for the link, the interface seems a bit slow for friends and family that are PC users. All though the black background is always a bit more pleasing to the eye I am not sold yet, yes there are tons of cool eye candy features but I have never been one to jump on a product just for the eye candy factor, I am looking for speed and ease of use keeping in mind that all my friends and family do not work on Mac's or have the latest high end PC.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
I too would like to see an example created by a forum member. Just for fun, to see what others are doing with it.

The link above is available from Apple's iLife page, so it's probably just an example set up by them.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
I too would like to see an example created by a forum member. Just for fun, to see what others are doing with it.

The link above is available from Apple's iLife page, so it's probably just an example set up by them.
I too would like to see an example created by a forum member.

The Stig

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
If nobody has posted on by Saturday, I will save the day.

My copy of iLife should arrive Saturday.

rikahlberg

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
I too would like to see an example created by a forum member.
Here's a gallery I posted to try this thing out, complete with its first piece of gallery spam! (The hand with the red M was added yesterday by someone and sadly there's no way to tell who uploaded the image.)

These are random photos from a walk through Jamaica Pond and the Riverway in Boston's Emerald Necklace parks.

These photos were all taken with an iPhone, BTW.

http://gallery.mac.com/rikahlberg

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
I can't get my gallery to upload, every time I try I'm getting connection error. anyone else?

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Just glad I was able to post a solution instead of the usual mindless dribble that flows from my fingertips ;)
Thanks, you were timely and accurate. All i got from my email to Apple support was a form email thanking me for my inquiry and that some day in a future, unknown to mortals, they would get back to me.

kenrobin

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Web Gallery - Security Issues

I'm beginning to have my doubts about the gallery mainly for security reasons. Although you can password protect photos, the same isn't true for movies published from iMovie without some kind of work-around that doesn't seem very straightforward to me.

I'm trying to figure out how to unpublish a movie from the gallery that was published with iMovie. Any ideas?

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Sure do......to fix the failed server issue, go to Apple Update and download the iPhoto 08 update. That's it. You'll be publishing in no time :)
Thank you so much. I hate to say it but sometimes I am such an idiot. :eek:

This feature in of itself makes the upgrade to iLife '08 worth the money. Here is my lame gallery I uploaded just to see how it works.

http://gallery.mac.com/sjesser#gallery