.Mac Webhosting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jrock2004, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

With the .Mac that you get a website with can you create your own html and ftp it up? Or are we limited to use iWeb

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I believe you have to use iWeb but can load it upto other domains. That was the change they made with iLife '08.

If you look in the iWeb section online, it should tell you.. or use iWeb's help section. That might clear it up.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, I know some free software for FTP.. not sure if you are able to load to .Mac though =S

EDIT: Reread your post

3. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well maybe I should explain this better. I am a web designer and using iWeb is just not needed. I like to code myself the pages. My goal is to cancel my current webhosting and pay for the .Mac and use that for my website. The only thing I am finding out is I have to use iWeb which is kinda sad. I will look at iWeb help file.

4. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

yeah I was thinking to myself after I posted that it didn't make sense to yours. Re read and came up with that.

There maybe some information in the support pages for .Mac aswell. If that fails, give Google a try.

5. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'm pretty sure iWeb just puts the pages in a particular directory on your iDisk. I don't see why you can't manually put your own files there. But I'm not sure about the server configuration (php, mysql, etc.).

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

you don't have to use iWeb. Just put your files in the sites folder on ur iDisk.