Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaguarpcNick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Hello all,

I am far from new to the PC industry yet for the past few years I have found myself wanting a mac for various reasons, What places are authorized retailers I haven't seen a mac at a best buy or any stores local to where im at. I know the mac store online but I honestly want to toy with it before I buy it, also does anyone offer financing options on macs, as I found a nice mac setup to be a few thousand more than your standard PC.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
...also does anyone offer financing options on macs, as I found a nice mac setup to be a few thousand more than your standard PC.
Apple does.

Apple also doesn't have many setups that are pricier than similar spec computers from any other manufacturers. The only reason why the likes of the Mac Pro seems a lot more expensive than the run of the mill Dell C2D machine is because of all the differences - xeon, fb-dimms, ...etc.

When you compare nearly similar machines to each other regardless of the model, in the end the Mac is on par with the rest of the industry's pricing, give or take a small tiny amount.

Mpulsive81

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
McKinney, TX
My local Frys has started carrying Mac products, you may want to check that out if you have one in the area. Or definitely check out an Apple store in your area too. When you say that they're a few thousand more, I'm assuming you're referring to the un-Godly expensive Mac Pro. Yes that's a beast! That is a very high end computer (the Voodoo of the PC realm) that's extremely powerful and capable of more than I'll ever use it for. But as with anything, you nice things don't come cheap. Other than the Mac Pro (Bentley of the Macs) there are many other options available to suite anyone's budget and needs. Yes, Macs may be a *little* more expensive then the PC route, but I have so much more of a piece of mind with a Mac computer. But truth be told, if you put a comparable Mac & PC side by side, you'll see that the price difference isn't much at all. Think about the differences in processor, memory, features, and included programs. For instance, I could get a dell notebook for $800 vs a Macbook for $1100. For $300 more, the current Macbooks will give you 1gig of memory, a microphone & video cam built into the screen, (try mounting one on a pc notebook lol), a glossy screen for more vivid coloring, a wireless N card as well as iLife. That's just one example. Good luck to ya!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.