.mac will be updated tomorrow

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
dang, apple sent me a mail. .mac will be updated. note that syncing needs os 10.4. syncing between tiger and os 10.3 will not be supported anymore. so we have to update. thanks for the 1 day notice!:mad:

Dear .Mac member:
Due to improvements being made to .Mac Sync on October 19, 2007, please note the following changes.
Mac OS X version 10.4 Tiger users:
To ensure uninterrupted service, you must be using Mac OS X version 10.4.10. To check which version you’re running, select About This Mac in the Apple menu. If you are not running version 10.4.10, click the Software Update button and install the update to 10.4.10.

Mac OS X version 10.3 Panther users:
To accommodate new enhancements, .Mac Sync will no longer support syncing of calendars between a Panther-based Mac and a Mac running Tiger or Leopard. Syncing calendars between Mac computers running Panther is unaffected.

These changes will help enable .Mac Sync to do more than ever. Thank you for your patience, and thank you for being a .Mac member.
Sincerely,
The .Mac Team

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
You only have to update if you are mixed. Essentially, syncing requires you have the same OS between the computers you are syncing together. All other functions are unaffected.

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
so? you can still use 10.4.10. I'd rather have them implement new features than have to support older OSs.

Comment

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
so? you can still use 10.4.10. I'd rather have them implement new features than have to support older OSs.
the point is that there is only one day notice to run out, buy tiger and install it on you mac.

they must have known that for a while. nothing against new functions but give us time to prepare.

Comment