i have got a late 2006 MacBook and ever since i spilled coke on the left side of my macbook my mac will not charge the battery. I have done a few "experiments" and figured out a few "symptoms": #1: i have a fully working AC MagSafe adapter and a working battery. #2: its not that it just doesn't charge it it won't recognize it. #3: also after i turn on my mac, the charge status light will rapidly switch from an amber light to green light for, not exactly, but around 3 minutes. #4: if the battery has been charged (by another macbook) my mac will run without the power adapter until the battery runs out, but continues to show the little battery with an "x" in it. so it can switch from AC to battery(if charged) and run on it, but continues to ignore battery. #5: not a software problem, i am fully updated. obviously an internal hardware problem. if anybody can help with any advice, thanks in advance. i have enough electronics experience to be able to take apart my mac and do necessary repairs if required.