mac will not charge

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fenderbenderr45, Jul 17, 2008.

1. fenderbenderr45 macrumors newbie

i have got a late 2006 MacBook and ever since i spilled coke on the left side of my macbook my mac will not charge the battery.

I have done a few "experiments" and figured out a few "symptoms":

#1: i have a fully working AC MagSafe adapter and a working battery.

#2: its not that it just doesn't charge it it won't recognize it.

#3: also after i turn on my mac, the charge status light will rapidly switch from an amber light to green light for, not exactly, but around 3 minutes.

#4: if the battery has been charged (by another macbook) my mac will run without the power adapter until the battery runs out, but continues to show the little battery with an "x" in it. so it can switch from AC to battery(if charged) and run on it, but continues to ignore battery.

#5: not a software problem, i am fully updated. obviously an internal hardware problem.

if anybody can help with any advice, thanks in advance.
    i have enough electronics experience to be able to take apart my mac and do necessary repairs if required.

:apple:

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I think it's as simple as the coke damage... Probably nothing more as far as diagnosis goes, no?

3. fenderbenderr45 thread starter macrumors newbie

obvious

i know the coke did it

wonderin if anyone knows what i should do

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Well i'm not quite sure but i think that maybe the battery isn't recognized because the wires or some kind of electronic part is being toasted by the coke...

I don't know what is on the left side of a macbook but there must be something in the net that will help you find out what might have been toasted...

Hope that helps...!:eek: