Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi everyone, hope this post is in the right spot so with that said...
I'm thinking about getting a .mac account and I want to use paypal with it.
Q's are is it easy to do this or do it at all? Does anyone have a site setup with this that I could check out the setup? Just a link. I never tried the trial run yet so any info would be great and thanks for the help :)

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
applemacdude
get a paypal credit card and pay with that?
Sorry if my post was off. What I meant was I want to set up a site to sell some things I have and using paypal would help out if people wanted to use their credit cards as a method of payment. ;) so I was hoping it could be set up using a .mac account (home page with a link). :rolleyes:

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Check .Mac's license agreement, because I'm not sure if you can use .Mac for profit. I thought it was only a personal site.

That said I've seen some who have done it, like shareware companies.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Nah, I think you can make profit off a .Mac site. I might be wrong though... but Sailing Clicker was shareware and it's (or was) hosted on .Mac.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi and thanks to all that answered. I went to the Apple store today and was shown how to incorporate paypal with a .mac account, too easy I should have known :rolleyes: and yes it's okay to do that as far as user agreements are concerned. One person there has a paypal with their .mac and it works great. Now off to take picks of things to sell.. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.