Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Hello

I very interesting in acquiring a Mac during this period of the holidays.

My problem... you would is more is a doubt then a problem, but anyway using either bootcamp, parallels installing a Windows. Is there any problem in using in programing in Mac using the windows?

Thanks for your help.

Grade

Grade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
My only concern is since most languages... every language works with memory allocation for many process and since it is windows on Mac... I'm scared that with that will fry the memory or other things.

GuntherS

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Belgium
Yep, once you run Windows with BootCamp on your Mac, it's not a Mac anymore. It's a PC.
There will be no difference between a regular PC (accept for the beautiful looks ;))

TychoBrahe

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
I'm having wonderful results using Windows XP Home SP2 via Bootcamp on a MacBook SR 2.2GHZ with 2GB RAM.

I have Delphi, Eclipse, ColdFusion 8, SQL Server Express 2005, Visual Studio Web Developer Express 2008, and Visual C# Express 2008 installed. I am simply amazed at the speed and reliability so far. I was worried that so many services ( like for SQL Server and ColdFusion 8 and the Java engine ) would slow things down but so far I hardly notice a difference.

lindorz

Cancelled.
Sep 1, 2007
Running Microsoft SQL Server 2008 within VMWare Fusion- Problems?

Hi, I am considering installing Windows SQL Server 2008 onto my Windows XP Platform on the VMWare Fusion 3.0.0 for school purposes. Has anyone had any major issues while running this SQL Server 2008 application within the new Snow Leopard OS X. Thanks.

ryketech

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2009
Hi, I am considering installing Windows SQL Server 2008 onto my Windows XP Platform on the VMWare Fusion 3.0.0 for school purposes. Has anyone had any major issues while running this SQL Server 2008 application within the new Snow Leopard OS X. Thanks.

I run SQL Server on Parallels with ease. The only problem I have had in VB is when trying to open a "Web Application" to code ASP.Net, I get an error every time. SQL runs great though! Also, being Unix based you also have access to phpMySql which is much better in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.