Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabio-C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
My Hard Disk was full, so I noticed that some logs file, located in /private/var/log was huge (40GB).

As numerous post reported that is safe delete such files I delete all with this command:

sudo rm -rf /private/var/log/*

Everything worked fine. But after some days, the MAC never restart from a normal suspend (closed lid).

What happened?
How can I recover my mac?

Attachments

• 54516609_780313142347411_29347382684549120_n.jpg
    54516609_780313142347411_29347382684549120_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 262

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
My Hard Disk was full, so I noticed that some logs file, located in /private/var/log was huge (40GB).

As numerous post reported that is safe delete such files I delete all with this command:

sudo rm -rf /private/var/log/*

Everything worked fine. But after some days, the MAC never restart from a normal suspend (closed lid).

What happened?
How can I recover my mac?

If it worked for some days after deleting the logs I doubt that is the problem.

A quick Google suggests that the error code 2100F seems to be associated with Internet Recovery time out. if correct, the fact that it has tried to boot to Internet Recovery might indicate a failed internal drive.

What OS?
What Mac?
How old?
Have you got a bootable backup?

I suggest trying to boot to normal Recovery for starters...restart holding cmd+R. If it boots, run Disk Utility/First Aid on the internal volume.

If it can't boot it will probably try to boot from Internet Recovery again. Internet Recovery needs good internet to work. If it boots to IR you could run Disk First Aid as above.

If it boots to Recovery by either method, but First Aid doesn't fix it, you could run "Install macOS" on the internal drive, which will reinstall the OS over what is there without losing any of your data or apps.

The above assume that the internal drive is even seen by Recovery which might not be the case if it has failed.

Other things you could try are resetting the SMC and NVRAM.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
A quick Google suggests that the error code 2100F seems to be associated with Internet Recovery time out. if correct, the fact that it has tried to boot to Internet Recovery might indicate a failed internal drive.
Yes... I believe that message comes up when trying to use Internet recovery on a wifi type that is not supported.

OP > Can you try just opening the wifi (no password) temporarily just to try this out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.