Mac won't boot after Windows 10

Discussion in 'macOS' started by packcubsmu, Jul 29, 2015.

1. packcubsmu macrumors newbie

I had Windows 8.1 installed on my boot camp partition. But, when I tried to update it to Windows 10, it gave me a Blue Screen of Death at the installing drivers part and then failed. Now the screen wont turn on and I can't do anything. I have tried literally everything, PRAM, SMC, nothing. The fans stay on constantly, but if i hit the power button, the haptic feed back will turn off, and then if i hit the power again the haptic feedback will turn on again. I can still charge it and the indicatior light is working properly. There is only that single "layer" of click so I know I am still in windows. what do I do?

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Hold the power button to kill it. Then restart.
    If it fails to restart once or twice Windows should boot into protected/limited mode. It won't load the evil driver and rollback the install. At least that is the theory.

3. packcubsmu thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately it has been restarted a lot of times and it has never come out of it. I have tried every single trick in the book. I have AppleCare, is anything that I did against my warranty?

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

No nothing is against the warranty. If some driver issue breaks something, then it is Apple's fault for either fault hardware or faulty drivers that break hardware. You are allowed and expected to install a new operating system and drivers.

I guess I misread what you wrote. If you don't get it to turn on at all and not even boot into OSX, there is really nothing you can do, other than get it repaired.

5. packcubsmu thread starter macrumors newbie

Even if it is Windows 10 which isn't supported yet?

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Yes even then.
    Linux has no special support either but if it would break because you install it, you'd have something to complain about. That is just not something that should happen. It is supposed to run an OS without a hitch. Any OS.