Mac wont get past the bing at startup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shamilton32, Apr 2, 2009.

1. shamilton32 macrumors newbie

I have a white macbook that I bought last summer that will not go past the bing or bong at startup. After that it just sits there and I see the blue-grayish screen no spinning wheel either. I tried the option,command,p,r, thing. I tried to start up in safemode. I even tried to connect a firewire and that does not work. I have have the installation cd in the drive and can not eject that either. any thoughts on what could be wrong and how to fix it? Its like the computer just goes into a complete freeze.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's not booting to the install disk even when you hold the C key?

3. shamilton32 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

i had the same prob and i called applecare, recently too, u get the two install disks that came with ur mac. turn on ur mac and u insert the one labeled install disk 1, then forv=ce shut down by holding down the button, turn ur mac back on and hold down c ad soon as u hit the power button. hope u have a backup if u dont heres wat u do, when u put it in i think whenever utilities becomes available in the menubar, click on disk utitly, then i think u click restore or something like that. if u have a backup just reinstall the os x and put back ur stuff wit ur backup

good luck

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Thanks for that, but I think that's what the OP is doing.

Do you get anything when you hold the option key on startup?

6. shamilton32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Naw nothing, the cd runs for a bit and then stops. still just the bluish screen

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Then take it in to the shop. It's still under warranty.

8. shamilton32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah will do that, was just trying to avoid the chance of someone looking though files. My fault for having financial stuff on the drive.

What if I took the drive out and put it in another macbook that I have, if it ran would the info still be on there do you think?

9. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution