Mac Won't Read Video I Recorded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wills.Details, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

Im not sure why all of the sudden this is happening, but some video i shot with my Camera all of the sudden isn't in a file format that my mac will read.

It shows them all being recorded as .MTS documents. Imovie nor Quicktime will open them and i REALLY need to use these movies i shot.

Help please?

Thanks in advance.

2. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

You're gonna have to convert them to use them. If you're willing to pay, clipwrap is an app that provides the best solution i've seen for this

3. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

How much does it cost and where can i find it? I wish i knew why the hell my camera decided to record them in this stupid format all of the sudden :mad:

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Try making them to mpeg4 h.264
    To me, that seems like an odd format since most cameras now record at mpeg4 and AVI.

5. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

They were AVI before...not sure what happened...i formated the card but i've done that before and it never did this.

How to i make them mpeg4?

6. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Since you already recorded the video, I would just try converting the video.
    Try Adapter.
    http://www.macroplant.com/adapter/

Not sure if it would work with your format but its free.
    Wouldnt hurt to try.

7. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

AVI is a Windows video format and will not play on a Mac without either an App that specifically supports it, or a plugin to Quicktime. If you want to play AVI files then I suggest you get Flip4Mac which adds a plugin to quicktime to allow you to play the files. They do a free version that lets you play the files, but they also do paid for versions that will give you the ability to convert the videos as well.

I would check the camera documentation to see if it can output the video in a Mac friendly format like .mp4 rather than .AVI. for future recordings.

8. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

AWESOME, its working...you saved me lol. It does seem to downgrade the size some..im goin from a 54MB to a 45MB, i have the bitrate and fps up to max but its still a smaller size...any ideas as to what else i should change?

9. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

No problem :D
    I dont think you need much.
    I mean 45MB or 54MB of video its pretty small.
    Just stay with it if you are satisfied with the quality

10. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, thanks again....seriously...i had some video of some jobs i did recently and i really needed to be able to use the footage :) You saved me lol

11. simsaladimbamba