mac won't recognize canon i9900

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dragonbug, Jun 22, 2008.

1. dragonbug macrumors newbie

I have a mac powerbook pro, OS 10.4.11 (new) and a used Canon i9900 printer. I have downloaded the driver for the i9900 directly from Canon and went through the installation process with the wizard tool. When I go to my system preferences to add the printer to the list of printers to use, I can't find my i9900 listed anywhere.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get my mac to recognize my printer?

thanks,
    tara

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Do you have it plugged in with Firewire or USB?

3. dragonbug thread starter macrumors newbie

i9900 solution

thanks for your query. it's usb connected. also, i did some digging around and came up with this info. i followed it and now the printer is working.

i'm posting in case someone else is looking to resolve this issue.

Try the following procedure;

1. Open System Preferences > Print & Fax. Hold the Control key and click in the empty Printers list. Click on Reset Printing System.
    2. Close Print & Fax
    3. Go to Library > Printers > Canon and delete the contents of the BJPrinter folder.
    4. Go to Library > Receipts and delete the Canon driver package file, if one exists. The file name may show Canon i9900 xxx.pkg
    5. Go to Library > Preferences and delete the Canon folder.
    6. Empty the Trash
    7. Unplug the Canon USB cable and restart the Mac
    8. Install the latest version of the Canon driver. The v4.8.3 r210 mentioned should be the correct version.
    9. Once the driver installation is complete, go to Applications > Utilities and open Disk Utility. Run the Repair Disk Permissions option.
    10. Restart the Mac again.
    11. Reconnect the Canon USB cable. Then open Print & Fax and see if the Canon printer is listed. If it is, try a test print.
    12. If the printer is not listed, click the plus ( + ) button.
    13. Select the Default view and select the Canon printer connected via the USB port. The Print Using menu should automatically change to Canon IJ Printer.
    14. Click Add to add the printer.