Mac won't sleep after EyeTV

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jwt, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jwt macrumors 6502

Hey All,

My Mac Pro sleeps and wakes normally until I use EyeTV to record something. I can leave EyeTV open or close it--it doesn't matter--and the outcome is the same: My Mac will wake on its own at 5 pm everyday and not go to sleep after an hour of inactivity (what I have it set to do in the Energy Saver pref. pane). After a restart, everything behaves normally again.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Interesting that you should say that. About a week ago my MacBook woke-up with the lid closed for no apparent reason, and it was about 5:00 pm. And I have eyeTV installed as well.

I haven't noticed it since, but I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open from now on.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

maybe yous have accidentally started a recording that wants to start at 5pm?? or maybe theres a scheduled update for EyeTv??

or maybe its a bug lol

4. jwt thread starter macrumors 6502

No schedules pending, it's the latest version, and "automatically check for updates" is unchecked.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

ok theres my ideas all gone haha

6. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Can you check the logs in the console for the time it wakes? Do you get something similar to what is reported in the following link?
    http://forums.elgato.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=1280&p=6165&hilit=midnight

Did you update EyeTV to the last version (3.03)? In the bug fixes there is this one that may be related to your problem:
    (taken from http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/support/Update-Start/Update-EyeTV-3.en.html)

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Update it. Mine used to do that and then I called them and they had released a special update and it worked. I don't know what it is, a bug with the recording software that is set to wake the computer when something is scheduled.

8. jwt thread starter macrumors 6502

yup, looks like there's an update. installing now. will let you know.

9. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Thanks, any updates? I guess we'll have to wait until 5:01pm to see.

10. jwt thread starter macrumors 6502

The computer wasn't on when I came home today. Let me try to record something tonight and see if it's on tomorrow. It could have "reset" itself during the update.

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

12. jwt thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, I finally got a chance to do a more thorough test and it looks like the update solved the problem. Thanks for the info.