Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

breadlover1995

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ok so it all started when i restarted manually and it just gets stuck at the apple logo and is that never ending circle. so i knew what to do because this is not the first time this has happened to me , in fact my mac has been giving me many problems since i bought it. so when i restarted and pressed c it first of all took over 9 min just to recognize the disk and start up. then i erased my drive and went to do a clean install however it says '"the installer could not copy the necessary support files mac" so after i researched it a bit i came to the conclusion that the cd was bad so i downloaded a dmg of the cd from the internet when i tried starting the computer up pressing option to get the start up disk i just get 3 beep over and over again. when i researched that most people said that ram would most probably be the issue. im not positive however that that would be the isue! i am without apple care but still have my warrenty. i am in jordan and dont think theres a apple store here. i am going to the USA in a month so i would end up sending it in there. i wold like to know if there going to give me problrms or tell me i have to pay for repairs. or in general if any one would know there response to this problem. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

mape2k

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Germany
Three beeps are usually related to memory failing. There is not much you can do except wait until you return to the US and have a genius take a look at it.

In the meantime: Try to take out the RAM, put it back in. Try to swap the two banks or leave one or the other out. Maybe it is just one stick failing.

GiLLER

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had the same problem with my last MBP. Solved it by removing the defective RAM module and surviving with 1/2 RAM untill I bought 2 new (and larger) modules

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.