Mac won't start up at all.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mj420, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mj420 macrumors newbie

Okay so, I'm using my Itunes on my OS X(Late 2008 Macbook pro 15 inch) and everything is fine and then im done. I click restart... Everything happens normally it shuts down and so forth but doesn't restart and just stays off.

I click the button to turn my mac on again and i hear that start up noise but 1 second later i hear the shut down noise that it makes. And the little button that u click to open your mac when its shut lights up barely and then turns off.

I have no idea what might have caused this and have tried a couple of things like taking out the battery and the adapter and clicking the turn off button for 5 seconds. But no dice. My battery is at full power so it can't be that it just needs to recharge.

Any help would be appreciated before i make calls and appointments since i'm in the middle east and bought my mac in Canada and don't have my 3 year warranty with me. I really need to use my laptop for work Monday and its Saturday... :(

2. mj420 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried everything you posted above. Nothing worked... My battery is fine and my power adapter is working fine as well. 1 minute everything was OK the next it wouldn't turn on anymore...

3. mj420 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read that i could re-seat the RAM and clean them and this might help but to do so... I don't know how would i just get a screw driver and take the case off? how do i do this? any help would be appreciated thanks.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Installing MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Late 2008 and Early 2009 RAM

Do you have Apple Care?

5. mj420 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple Care is world wide, thus you can go to any Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repairshop and get it fixed.

from http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html