Mac won't start!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chissi100, Feb 2, 2009.

1. chissi100 macrumors newbie

Ok. Yesterday I decided to Install Windows Xp on my Mac. Wait! Don't stop reading!!!!!!

Ok. I tried to partition it but Boot Camp said, "Verifying failed. Boot Camp can't partition disk."
    So I started reading about this problrm on the Internet and I found out that I have to use the Mac OS X Installation Disk and use the Disk Utility to "Repair" the disk.
    I started Disk Utility and clicked "Repair". Many files were missing so it tried to repair it. But what it did was to f*** it up! So now when I start the Apple-logo and the loading-circle is "frozen", so it just loads and loads and loads and loads, and nothing happens. I decided to format the disk from Disk Utility but I can't format it! I can't do nothing!

So now I cant start my Mac!
    Please help, and if it is possible to take a backup or something before I format it, or keep the files it would be lovely!

Thanks,
    Christoffer!
    :apple:

2. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Pop the os x instalation disk, it runs a stripped version of os x as a live CD (meaning before you install it, you're running a version of OS X from your CD drive). From there, before you do the install, you should be able to swap things to a secondary HDD. I'm not sure if that is supported but hooking up two macs via ethernet from the live cd.