Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chissi100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Ok. Yesterday I decided to Install Windows Xp on my Mac. Wait! Don't stop reading!!!!!!

Ok. I tried to partition it but Boot Camp said, "Verifying failed. Boot Camp can't partition disk."
So I started reading about this problrm on the Internet and I found out that I have to use the Mac OS X Installation Disk and use the Disk Utility to "Repair" the disk.
I started Disk Utility and clicked "Repair". Many files were missing so it tried to repair it. But what it did was to f*** it up! So now when I start the Apple-logo and the loading-circle is "frozen", so it just loads and loads and loads and loads, and nothing happens. I decided to format the disk from Disk Utility but I can't format it! I can't do nothing!

So now I cant start my Mac!
Please help, and if it is possible to take a backup or something before I format it, or keep the files it would be lovely!

Thanks,
Christoffer!
:apple:

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Pop the os x instalation disk, it runs a stripped version of os x as a live CD (meaning before you install it, you're running a version of OS X from your CD drive). From there, before you do the install, you should be able to swap things to a secondary HDD. I'm not sure if that is supported but hooking up two macs via ethernet from the live cd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.