Mac won't stay sleep for more than 1 second

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by metasone, Aug 29, 2013.

1. metasone macrumors newbie

When i put my mac to sleep it goes, then instantly comes back on (like someone turning a switch off then immediately on)

Not sure why this is?

i've tried disconnecting the wireless devices and using the keyboard shortcut but it still does it....

it's done it for a while but its really annoying.

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

What model of Mac Pro is it? What version of OSX are you running and what peripherals do you have connected, particularly external USB devices?

3. metasone thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I thought I had a signature...

OSX 10.6.8

2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

USB wise - it does this without anything connected (just using the keyboard shortcut) so i think that can be ruled out?

cheers

----------

Sorry I thought I had a signature...

OSX 10.6.8

2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

USB wise - it does this without anything connected (just using the keyboard shortcut) so i think that can be ruled out?

cheers

4. Bear macrumors G3

Are the keyboard or mouse connected via USB or Bluetooth? When I had a USB keyboard and a bluetooth mouse, I had to turn off wake on bluetooth as any vibration to the desk would cause the mouse to wake the computer.

If they're both connected by USB, I had a mouse that was causing the system to wake right back up. Swapping to a different mouse resolved the issue.

You can use this article to find out what is waking your Ma cup from sleep. If you go into the Console Utility, additional information will be within several lines of the Wake Reason line.