Mac Word 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slabman, Jun 19, 2008.

1. slabman macrumors member

How do I use the "auto text" feature in this application? I've entered my auto text boilerplate data and cannot find how to bring it back into the word document. I know it's correctly entered. With MS Word I used to access using the F3 key. :confused:

2. David2070 macrumors member

If you start typing the word/phrase, Word should suggest it to you. When it does this, press "Return" to get it inserted into your documents.

3. slabman thread starter macrumors member

MS Word 2008 Auto Text

I believe you are thinking about the auto correct feature. That does work, but this is "Auto text" I'm trying to make work. You put a paragraph, for instance, in a glossary which is called "normal" and assign it a key word which, after you type it, you hit "F3" and the entire paragraph comes up. (At least that is the way MS Word does it in Windows)

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I think the F3 key does not work for MS Word. I'm going from memory here... but perhaps try this workaround...

Go to Tools > Customize > Keyboard. On the left scroll down to find Autotext (under divider) click on it, then on the right you can select the specific Autotext and assign keyboard shortcut.

Not exactly be what you want, but may get you there.

5. slabman thread starter macrumors member

No luck there. I have quite a number of auto test entries and not enough keys to handle them all. Besides, how would I ever remember them all? :)

6. germansneak macrumors newbie

Mac Word 2008

I had the same issue. I solved this problem by assigning the "autotext" macro a new keyboard shortcut.

Go to Tools then Customize Keyboard. Under "Categories:" scroll down and select "All Commands." Then find the "AutoText" command under "Commands:" and assign it a new keyboard shortcut, I chose F3.