Mac Word 2088 Toolbar Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkeables, Jun 12, 2009.

1. mkeables macrumors newbie

First, I'm new to this group so apologies up front if I've posted in the wrong area (if so, please direct me to the proper forum.) I've also searched the forum but haven't found anything on this problem.

The standard toolbar in Word 2008 does not open automatically when opening a word document. It used to, but it no longer does. I've checked the customized settings to be sure that the toolbar should be loaded (it is) but that doesn't seem to help.

The only way to view the toolbar is to manually turn off the standard toolbar, turn it back on, click on the toolbar, and reset.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Flash6 macrumors newbie

I don't have a solution, but I am experiencing the same problem so I thought I'd give this a bump. Mine used to work fine and then just stopped displaying the Standard toolbar by default. The Standard toolbar is checked. To make it appear you must uncheck and then re-check.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Office Suite but no luck. I also just updated to the 12.2.5 version (problem started long before the update).

I just installed it on my daughter's new MBP and it seems to be fine so far.

Thanks,

t
    o
    m
    <><

3. psyducklette, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

psyducklette macrumors newbie

mac word toolbar bug

problem solved easily by clicking on the bubble on the top right hand of the window.