Macally Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Jan 20, 2009.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi all. I would like to know if anyone on this forum has had any contact, and used Macally BookShell series of cases? Perhaps the old BookShell Pro for the old MacBook Pro? Or the new BookShell for the unibody MacBooks? Any problems with heating? Bulk? Weight? Etc?

2. Liquidpics macrumors member

Liquidpics

No problems

I have one on (shell pro) now. It's built well. I was expecting something crappier for the price. No heating issues.
    My other pro has the rubberized tech shell which is much better quality though but more expensive. http://techshell.biz/cosoru15mapr.html

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

i saw it today because i was considering it but the case (leatherette type of texture) added a bit of bulk to the dimensions of the laptop. i didn't like it but my opinion is my own and a few people actually like it. check out youtube for reviews. the case reminded me of a couch and the surface texture wasn't something that i liked.

5. Liquidpics macrumors member

Liquidpics

It might feel like a leather couch...

but it doesn't have the bulk or weight of one. It's actually lighter then my techshell. But, I like the techshell much better. It looks more streamline.

6. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

you are right. the bookshellB does feel very light and has a nice interior suede lining that is a nice touch but the texture didn't sell me on the product. i suspect the techshell rubberized stuff might have the same bulk but i didnt have an actual product to compare.

7. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

So basically you're saying it's almost unnoticeable on your Pro?

8. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

far from it. you KNOW it is there and it the weight is a bit heavier as well.

9. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

I used to have a plastic hardcase on my old MBP, and I took it off because of the weight. How is the weight, comparable to a plastic hardcase? Would you know?

10. Liquidpics macrumors member

Liquidpics

The macally bookshell pro is the lightest of the bunch. The techshell fits like a glove but weighs more then the macally. My guess is it would be to heavy for your taste.