Macally/iUnitek Website

Discussion in 'iPad' started by littlegreenyoda, Jun 4, 2010.

1. littlegreenyoda macrumors member

Hi guys,

i just ordered 2 bookstands from macally/iunitek website and i realised that my order suddenly disappeared after the status was Invoiced Order.

And i was even more worried when i realised that there are many complaints that its a fraud website!

I'm not from USA but have a relative living there, so i used my local issued card and directed the shipment to my relative.

Did anyone successfully ordered from this website before??

Worst part is that i have to wait for another 2 more days before i can call them as they are closed and im really worried now.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If I were you, I would contact this user to see what results he had.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=916888

3. littlegreenyoda thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

I googled and stumbled upon this thread which brought to my attention of the fraudulent website of macally/iunitek!

cant believe they actually allow such things to happen when they are the original makers of macally!

please let me know if there's anyone who managed to order from this website without any problems!

i really hope im one of those that have no problems with this website! :(

Thank you.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

when in doubt, call your bank and let them know your situation to prevent any further headaches (and unauthorized charges)

5. littlegreenyoda thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

I used my dad's credit card and hope he will be able to call them asap as he is not in the country right now.

Found this policy on Macally website:

Payment Method
    We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diners Club. For your protection, credit card orders will be shipped only to your billing address and may require additional verification.

Just hope they cancelled it because it was not approved as the billing address and shipping address is different.