Macally Kickstand Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Autokon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Hey guys.. Just wanted to drop a line in here, Macally sent me there new iPhone 4 "Kickstand" case to review.

http://macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=346

It will be releasing here in the next couple days for I believe 29.99. Anyway, here's a quick pic I took of it a bit ago: http://post.ly/lMX8

If you have any questions, let me know. Initial impressions are quite good so far! Grip is very nice, has a smooth rubber feel to it..but not the type thats a lint magnent. The stand aspect is VERY stable, doesn't appear to be cheap...ie: will break off in two weeks. iPhone snaps in very snug. Havent done the camera/flash test yet...will do so soon.

(And FYI, no I do not work for Macally, I'm the Associate Editor for www.AppAddict.net, so we get review samples in from time to time...Macally is very cool in those regards)

2. broncopde macrumors 6502

I personally don't like how it makes the corners push out farther than the rest of the phone. It looks a lot less sleek to me. But that's just me. If there was a perfect case that everyone agreed was the best, I suppose their would only be one iPhone case. :)

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Am I seeing right... it looks like it doesn't really have any protection on the sides. It seems like it's more kickstand than case.

4. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

The sides are quite exposed...but the 4 rubber'ish corners come off the screen a couple mm. If it was to fall and hit a corner or flat on the screen side, it would be fine. It's simple, thats for sure, not for everyone.

Despite the lack of overall protection, pretty nice having it propped up on my work desk when receiving IM's and Txt's...though an obvious gimmick, its kinda handy. I just want the dang PowerSupport shields to come out already.. :(

5. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Let us know how thick it'll be. I'm always curious why you'd use this other than watching video on a plane.

6. Autokon thread starter macrumors 6502

Autokon

7. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Was about to return my iPhone for an EVO, but not anymore!

8. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Haha!

Or at least I certainly hope this is a joke.

9. ellong macrumors newbie

I'll get it if their logo wasn't so big and if that color wasn't so bright! Yellow?! They have to fix the flash problem. All these cases with a small cutout for led will have flash problems. Good idea of a case though.

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

11. Hakushox macrumors member