Macally Metro Case for iTouch G2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by nohite, Sep 28, 2008.

1. nohite macrumors member

I bought this case from Ebay and it's about $24 including shipping. I just need something to protect the back and it does the job. It probably doesn't do much to protect against a hard drop though.

It's plastic and feels pretty nice in hand. It has a nice grip to it, but it's not like a silicone case - it's easy to get out of the pocket and doesn't catch lint.

It came with a screen protector but I am using a Griffin one.

all in all I am pretty happy with it. I may replace it later when better cases come out in a few months. but its' good for now.

some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. azure247 macrumors 6502

It looks creepy to me. I would get a bodyguardz or invisibleshield than that. Then a leather case to transport it around in. I dont see the point in buying a nice device only to cover it with something so ugly. Bodyguardz is the way to go man.

3. ruku macrumors member

Macally has a problem using colour. Its a shame because if this thing came in a nice orange or green or yellow or etc.. I'd get one. Creepy you reckon? I think you need to watch more horror movies and calm down.

4. mzd macrumors 6502a

thanks for the pictures and review! that is one case i've been considering. i put bodyguardz on the back over the weekend, but that won't really cushion it from impact. i like that the metro is so thin - it doesn't detract from the feel of the iPod. do you think it would still fit with the addition of a BG/IS/BSE skin on the back?

5. nohite thread starter macrumors member

I don't believe this case will work with Bodyguradz in the back. It's so thin and the two sides just barely go above the front surface. with Bodygurads on I am not sure if it will snap in place. Personally I don't like how bodyguardz looks around the edges. This case has a nice velvet touch to it and it won't scratch the ipod. and it's easy to take it off.

I can see some people may not like the color or the ribbed design. What I want is a white incase slider, hopefully they will release it for the Touch G2 soon. Until then, this is the case for me.