macbbok pro 2010 i7, with keyboard & mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sossity, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

May 12, 2010
    Someone recently was nice & bought me an apple keyboard

and this mouse;

will they work with my macbook pro 2010 i7 at a desktop? I notice the keyboard & mouse are a little older, does this matter? is there any configurations I will have to make on my mackbook pro settings?

I will also probably have windows 7 pro on the macbook pro as well, will the keyboard & mouse work with windows?

I notice there is no scroll wheel on the pro mouse, how does one scroll through pages with it? how do I right & left click? how do I clean it?
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Both those links go to the keyboard, but they'll still work. Use the up/down arrows or the trackpad to scroll.
  3. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

Aug 1, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    they should work, just go to your preferences and make sure all of the buttons are set up how you would like them
  4. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

May 12, 2010
  5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

May 20, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    You would have to get a mouse with a scroll wheel. It does not have to be apple branded. Any mouse will work with both OS X and Windows. The keyboard will also work with windows and OS X. However, if you can, I would recommend getting the mighty mouse or magic mouse.
  6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Oct 24, 2007
    no scroll hardware on the pro mouse so, no scrolling.

should work all right on windows though.
  7. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

May 12, 2010
    I bought a cheap mouse from office depot, will it work?
  8. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

May 12, 2010
    does the keyboard need to go directly into a usb port on the macbook pro? or can it go into a hub?

for using windows on a mac, does it matter which usb port on the keyboard that the mouse is plugged into? I read it works better on the left side.
  9. ljx718 macrumors 6502

Dec 13, 2008
    it doesnt matter really. its more of a space issue