Macbbook pro charger problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lewys, Apr 11, 2011.

1. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

hi, i think i may have broken my charger.

today it just stopped working and i looked at the end of it and it looks all twisted. can i get a free replacement from apple or do i need to buy a new one? it is less than a year old.

i have provided some pictures for you to see what i am talking about

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Happen to me abut 3 times now, so make a apple apt. And when you get there show em the charger. They will get you a new one free even out of apple care. They told me it is a common defect.

3. blenderman345 macrumors newbie

What the? I have a MBP 17 from 07' that I took to an Apple Store (35 minute drive) because of a faulty power adapter [3rd one], and it looked almost flawless! The guy at the Genius Bar just acted kind of obnoxious, and told us it would cost $70-80 bucks to replace. I had read the Apple MagSafe support page a thousand times over reading the part with the 'Free Replacement' part, and was really happy seeing that they would replace it out of warranty. Then I was ticked off when the guy brought to my attention [when disbelieving the 'free replacement'] I went to the Apple.com website and showed him the page, he said that 'Apple will determine whether the adapter is legible for a free replacement'. I was about to make a post right now, asking what I should do. So they replaced it for you free 3 times out of warranty?

4. lewys thread starter macrumors 6502

lewys

just letting you guys know i made an appointment with the genius bar and they game me a new one after looking at it

5. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Just happened the same thing to me, and my MBP is almost a year old. I'm making and appointment for tomorrow, but is great to hear that they're replacing them.