Macbok Pro Retina Keyboard Question

Shouter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Hi folks!

First, sorry for my bad english :)
I have a question about de keyboard of the Retina Macbook, i bought the 2.6/8/512 Version a few days ago. This is my first Mac so I have no Idea if this is normal or an issue.

When i gently touch (not press) the keys clack/make noise/feel a little bit loose, is this normal? Some keys clack more than others.
I hope someone can help me :)

Have a nice day
With best regards

Shouter

Shouter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Thanks!
The reason why I ask this is because i tried a other Retina at our local apple store and on this machine the keys are not clacking so much as on my machine

Shouter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
yes but on my machine the keys are more loose than on the macbook in the store and i think i dont abuse my keyboard :D
thanks for your answers ;)

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I believe I had the same problem on my first rMBP that I purchased. The ESC, Command, and several other keys produced a loose clicking sound when gently tapping on it. I would try shaking your rMBP when closed to determine whether the plastic key holders are intact or very loose, making a clicking sound in the process.

Shouter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I need a answer because today is the last day where i can send the MacBook back. Please help :)

mac1984user

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
United Kingdom
That seems completely normal to me. I can pretty much recreate those same sounds. You're probably more aware of it in the silence of your own environment and it seems less pronounced in the Apple store with all the ambient noise. I think that the keyboard is fine. My Apple Wireless Keyboard makes that little 'jiggly' noise if I lightly tap or stroke my hand across the keys, so I would think it's pretty normal. In my opinion, you have no need to return that awesome computer.