Macbok Pro Retina Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shouter, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Shouter macrumors newbie

Hi folks!

First, sorry for my bad english :)
    I have a question about de keyboard of the Retina Macbook, i bought the 2.6/8/512 Version a few days ago. This is my first Mac so I have no Idea if this is normal or an issue.

When i gently touch (not press) the keys clack/make noise/feel a little bit loose, is this normal? Some keys clack more than others.
    I hope someone can help me :)

Have a nice day
    With best regards

Shouter

2. IanGahagan macrumors member

yes this is perfectly normal. nothing to worry about.

3. Shouter thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    The reason why I ask this is because i tried a other Retina at our local apple store and on this machine the keys are not clacking so much as on my machine

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The keys at the store get lots of abuse and get "broken in" very quickly.

5. Shouter thread starter macrumors newbie

yes but on my machine the keys are more loose than on the macbook in the store and i think i dont abuse my keyboard :D
    thanks for your answers ;)

6. boto macrumors 6502

boto

I believe I had the same problem on my first rMBP that I purchased. The ESC, Command, and several other keys produced a loose clicking sound when gently tapping on it. I would try shaking your rMBP when closed to determine whether the plastic key holders are intact or very loose, making a clicking sound in the process.

7. Shouter thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Shouter thread starter macrumors newbie

I need a answer because today is the last day where i can send the MacBook back. Please help :)

9. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

That seems completely normal to me. I can pretty much recreate those same sounds. You're probably more aware of it in the silence of your own environment and it seems less pronounced in the Apple store with all the ambient noise. I think that the keyboard is fine. My Apple Wireless Keyboard makes that little 'jiggly' noise if I lightly tap or stroke my hand across the keys, so I would think it's pretty normal. In my opinion, you have no need to return that awesome computer.

10. Shouter thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ;)
    Yes that is true my workplace is very quiet.