Macbook 1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pookitoo, May 14, 2015.

1. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

Hello,

I've read a lot of review and post on this forum, but nothing accurate for the difference between the 3 version for the macbook. I see the benchmark, but the benchmark are not accurate for all days task.

I want to know the difference between the 3 processor ! If you 've tested, can you tell me what is your feeling ?

2. johngordon macrumors 65816

I went for the 1.2 in the end. Probably would have gone 256GB / 1.3 had it not been for the wait.

But really, that probably makes most sense with the extra storage and a bit of a speed bump for about the same money.

I have found it to be absolutely fine. I've typically had it with a few screens, with things like safari, excel, dreamweaver, Skype, outlook, fireworks all open. About the only think I've really noticed is scrolling in Excel isn't completely smooth, and even then only when the text is made a bit smaller rather than 100%. If there's lag, its not something I've really noticed - certainly not the stopping and starting stutteryness seen in some videos.

Have no problem playing 4K videos on YT which was another thing I tried - not sure if that would be affected over time though, i.e. if its fine for short clips, but might be more of an issue with whole episodes on netflix for example.

But in short, I absolutely love it. And unusual my wife seems to love it too - about the first time she's been so positive about a gadget rather than just neutral.

And its been amazing how quickly I got used to the keyboard. The old MBP keyboard just feels like big squishy buttons in comparison, and not in a particularly good way. I guess a lot of the reviewers only used it for a short amount of time. It would be interesting to look for any reviews where people have had it and used to for a few weeks.

3. pookitoo thread starter macrumors regular

pookitoo

I've the 1,2 and i'll receive the 1,3 monday with 512 go and i'll bring back the 1,2 to the store. I love the new keyboard / the screen / the size / the fanless etc ... But after, i look in my bank account : 1829 $ in a computer ;) (in France)

And i realize i don't need the 512 go. So i ask myself if we can feel a huge difference between the 1,1 and the 1,3 because i can have the 1,1 for 1369 $.

4. phoni macrumors member

phoni

That would depend on how you use it. So far, my experience with the 1.1/256 has been excellent, but then I'm not a programmer/editor. Primary uses are email, word, browsing and not many programs.
    Good Luck, enjoy!

5. iBilal macrumors regular

iBilal

I would imagine that the difference in performance would be minimal .. no?

6. bmustaf macrumors regular

I had a thread about this a while ago because I used a 1.2 for two weeks before my 1.3 arrived.

I had both in the return period and chose to keep the 1.3 based on both performance and better battery life.

Discussion here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1875399