Macbook 1.3 playing GTA V

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andeschau, May 8, 2015.

1. andeschau, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

andeschau macrumors newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAgkkoVp6A4

I just found the video gameplay of GTA V on the new macbook 1.3GHz.

I believe the performance of the new macbook isn't that bad, right;)?

I dunno if the video has been edited or faked, I'm not the professional in video stuff...

2. Fthree macrumors 6502a

if thats the case ill grab GTA5 on my 2015 rMBP 13. someone chime in with their opinion

3. andeschau thread starter macrumors newbie

That's really interesting.
    Coz even I saw ppl play Diablo3, the gameplay is lag lag and lag. But GTA V is not.

4. benna macrumors regular

Is the Mac version of GTA V out? I assume he's running it on bootcamp? If so, returning my 1.2 for the 1.3 right away :D :eek:

5. Kiwi 99 macrumors regular

Kiwi 99

I'm not a gamer of any sort, but I liked the look of the original video, so I've thrown $NZ20 into the cause. I downloaded the GTA San Andreas from the App Store (it's the App Store version of GTA V I believe).

I did what the video poster did, lots of running into crazy situations, punching people, getting shot etc. It looked pretty much like in the video.

This was on a 1.2ghz.

I monitored the CPU % and load, and yeah it throttles at a bit over 50% load, but playing the game itself feels fine. Might even play it some more!

It did get pretty warm underneath, but nothing untoward

6. elithrar macrumors 6502

elithrar

San Andreas isn't GTA V. SA came out on PC in 2005. Not surprised it runs well on a 2015 rMB!

7. Kiwi 99 macrumors regular

Kiwi 99

Of course maybe the App Store version is radically different from the 3rd party version?
    Either way, I can't test Diablo because there isn't one in the App Store, and I'm not that interested in the answer ;)

----------

Ha yes, like I say I'm not a gamer.

And for sure it got warm enough that I wouldn't run it like that continually. I have found it be to remarkably zippy though

8. elithrar macrumors 6502

elithrar

* GTA V would run VERY poorly (aka unplayable—despite what that video shows*) even at 1280x800 w/ low settings (and it would look average, which is a waste)
    * Diablo 3 on low at 1280x800 ran poorly for me—maybe playable for some, but I wasn't brave (stupid) enough to leave town on my hardcore Wiz like that
    * Pillars of Eternity at 1440x900 on low ran well enough. Being a real time turn based game the occasional chop isn't going to get you killed. Still looks good too!
    * Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall ran well at 1440x900 and medium, as to be expected.
    * I suspect Darkest Dungeon would be fine too. Yet to install.

I also didn't buy the rMB for gaming at all but I consider the occasional isometric RPG when traveling to be a "nice to have" more than anything else.

I would suggest that if poor game performance on this would disappoint you, don't buy this. There is a Pro model after all.

* That video could be via Steam's remote functionality.

9. andeschau thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure, rMB is not for gaming.

But as so many ppl doubt on the performance of rMB, even some of them said its performance is worse than the iPAD air 2.

I just try to show rMB (or CoreM) is not really bad, when it is fairly okay to walk around in the GTA V.

I believe OSX 10.10.3 still contains some bugs on the UI, and which makes the user experience the LAG (the UI should have much less intensive workload on the graphic and CPU processor than playing GTA V, right?).

10. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

Come on guys, the guy playing GTA5 obviously streams it via Shadow Play and Steam.