MacBook 1.83ghz question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Links84, May 3, 2008.

1. Links84 macrumors newbie

Links84

You all remember that I asked bunch of questions about my broken MacBook.

Well I got it to work and it's 1.83Ghz.... so is 1.83ghz good? I hope so because I've seen most people in here don't have 1.83ghz MacBook :eek:

So my question is that is 1.83ghz good?

Give me your thoughts. Thanks! :)

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

I've the 2ghz and my girlfriend has the 1,83 version. To be honest, I really don't see the difference between them. Both just as good in my books

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

What do you mean by "good"?

Also, no, we dont remember you questions about your broken MB.

4. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

LMAO! You make it sound like you are the macrumors :p!!

@OP

Its a decent machine, but it isn't "good" anymore, a "good" macbook would be the Summer 2007 2GHz MacBook, at least. I am think by good you mean newness top specs and power, for power, its OK, but got specs comparision, any laptop that old can be blown at the pace Intel is going. Hell, 3F*CKingGHz MOBILE processors in imacs!!

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I AM the macrumors :rolleyes: hehe

6. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

the 1.83ghz macbook (pro) is just an older model. The ones that are Core 2 Duo are better, but there's nothing really wrong with them.. they just run hotter, have a shorter battery life... basically they're older technology.

If you can get one cheep enough, it'll work just as well as my 2.16ghz Macbook Pro, or a new 2.4ghz Macbook

7. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I have an original Core Duo 2.0GHz MacBook (bought it a week after the line was released) and it has served me well, but then I only use it on trips. I do wish it had 802.11n and considered buying the Mac Pro Airport Card and swapping it with the 802.11a/.11g unit built in, but have since decided I'd rather get a MacBook Pro since it will last me "forever".

8. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I got the original 1.83ghz its a great machine. Fan is a bit loud though and boots up a lot. Served me well for two years....

ShadoW