Macbook 12 2015 is fast with Sierra OS

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by radiologyman, Sep 20, 2016.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502

I have a 2015 base model Macbook 12. Just updated it to Sierra, and it is a LOT faster than before. One can make an argument that even though it was not a clean install, the OS is still fresh. Anyways, I don't remember it being that fast ever before but will do a Time Machine back up just in case

2. antipaul macrumors newbie

antipaul

What exactly is "faster" to you?

I just upgraded today as well (not clean install), on the "series 1" MacBook 12 but it seems it will be just as snappy as El Cap (MDS/Finder is indexing now so is using up some CPU)

I'll see about mission control with external monitor... so far so good

EDIT: maybe with the slightly slower mission control transitions, it will be even more snappy...?

--
    Still, I'm very impressed how everything is just as good as before install. It took me some time to overcome trauma from my Windows days, when software upgrades tended to always slow things down, instead of making things better...

3. radiologyman thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I had some issues with OS that Sierra fixed. Now it is very snappy

4. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

I upgraded to Sierra today on my base model 2015 1.1Ghz MacBook and everything installed perfectly. I noticed it running quite a bit quicker as well and it seems to handle all of the user interface commands much more smoothly with transparency enabled. I love what I see so far!

5. antipaul macrumors newbie

antipaul

one thing I did notice is that large PDFs inside Preview run much smoother, which is very good

6. ARK macrumors 6502

I admit the MacBook isn't my main machine and I barely use it at all. That said, how do you do a clean install of Sierra? Lol

7. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I have a 2015 MB and the first thing i noticed after the download was how fast it was, much snappier as they don't like us to say. Very happy, nice little update.

The only slight problem i am having is in photos, every time i scroll to the next photo there is a very slight delay for it to load properly. Basically when i flick to the next photo, it loads immediately, but after about half a second the photo gets a little bit brighter as if it is taking half a second to fully load. Anyone else experiencing this.

8. antipaul macrumors newbie

antipaul

9. ARK macrumors 6502

Yeah I read that. I'm guessing you're referring to making a bootable mirror image. I did the USB method and got all ready and remember the MacBook doesn't have a USB. Ha!

I'm just going to do the update. I really haven't installed anything on the MacBook so I'm thinking it should be fine.

10. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

You just need an adaptor - or and USB 3.1 USB-stick to begin with ;-)

11. solo118 macrumors 65816

Nice i will definitely upgrade to Sierra tonight!

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I notice no difference at all. Maybe the animations are slightly better.

13. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Mine seems to be faster, maybe just from the cleaning out that happens from an update. Regardless just having Siri, and Apple Watch unlocking makes it good for me. I'm still learning many of the new features.

14. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

I'm not noticing a performance difference on my 2015 1.1 GHz system though it's always been fairly snappy.

15. antipaul macrumors newbie

antipaul

After a few weeks, I am a bit disappointed. Overall it's not too bad, but switching apps with mission control on Sierra is definitely much more laggy than El Cap on my first-gen Macbook 12, and it is very annoying.. :-\