Macbook 12" 2015 screen flickering

mariachi4

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2015
The screen started flickering after 3 months, then I went to Genius bar to get the whole screen replaced.
After 1 month, the problem reappears. Then another screen replacement. Problem still exists, Apple replaced the logic board eventually. Now 8 months later since last visit to the genius bar, the problem reappeared again.
I searched the net, but I don't see anyone having this issue on this 1st gen Macbook 12".
See the pic of the screen flickering. Anyone else has this issue?
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 12.10.29 PM.png

Last edited:

808drums

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2017
They replaced the logic board and display, its means new computer. Maybe is something that you are doing with the Macbook. Are you using the original charger? Or connecting to monitors/tv that have power issues? (like sparks or so).

mariachi4

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2015
Time to head to the Apple Store. I would ask for the MB to be replaced. I think it is warranted, given the reoccurring problem.
I got the MB since launch date, so no more warranty. But I already asked the MB to be replaced or let me trade in the MB so i can buy another machine, but the manager said Apple doesn't do that. But the problem is that the screen flickering started in the first year i got the MB and till now it is still the same problem. So the case has never been solved.

They replaced the logic board and display, its means new computer. Maybe is something that you are doing with the Macbook. Are you using the original charger? Or connecting to monitors/tv that have power issues? (like sparks or so).
Nah, I always use original accessories and I don't connect to external monitors. I just use the MB for Words, Excel and some light browsing.

Update: visited the Apple store today, and again they replaced the screen. Since this is my 4th visit with the same problem, Apple didn't charge me, however since i'm out of warranty whatever happens from now on, they will not fix or replace it anymore. Let's see how this goes.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I got the MB since launch date, so no more warranty. But I already asked the MB to be replaced or let me trade in the MB so i can buy another machine, but the manager said Apple doesn't do that. But the problem is that the screen flickering started in the first year i got the MB and till now it is still the same problem. So the case has never been solved.

Nah, I always use original accessories and I don't connect to external monitors. I just use the MB for Words, Excel and some light browsing.

Update: visited the Apple store today, and again they replaced the screen. Since this is my 4th visit with the same problem, Apple didn't charge me, however since i'm out of warranty whatever happens from now on, they will not fix or replace it anymore. Let's see how this goes.
If it happens again, you need to escalate your request by speaking with executive relations. Be firm but polite. Provide dates of when you had the MB fixed etc.