Macbook 12 battery health at 84%

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Claudiu Jacodi, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Claudiu Jacodi macrumors newbie

Claudiu Jacodi

Hi everyone, I have a 12" Macbook and my battery health arrived at 84% after 77 cycles at 6 months age. I have now the feeling that I should be worried about my battery life and I would like to ask about your opinion on this. Thank you.

2. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

Received mine on Monday and the battery showed 16 load cycles, even before I had connected it to the power adapter. This was from my opening it straight out of packaging. Go figure.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

That would make me suspicious. I would even think maybe it was a return and then repackaged as new.

Where did you buy it?

4. Claudiu Jacodi thread starter macrumors newbie

Claudiu Jacodi

I'm from Bucharest, Romania, and I bought it on the launch day. I'm truly worried. I also have a 13" macbook pro retina which is 3 years old and the battery health is 95% after 167 cycles. Don't know what to do...

5. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

I believe this issue will eventually be in the apple exchange and repair program, just like the recently announced program for the delaminating AR coating.

Just give it some time. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is already working on a solution and gearing up for the exchange in the background.

6. Claudiu Jacodi thread starter macrumors newbie

Claudiu Jacodi

I hope it's going to happen like that. One of the things which worries me is that I'm from Romania and I hope the same support Apple provides to US and western european countries will apply to my case. Do you believe I should write a message to Apple support in this matter?

7. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

Ordered it from Apple. I made an appointment tomorrow at the local store to have it checked out. I'm of a mind just to return it and get a different one.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Start speaking with Apple support, your case will be logged, which is important for the future. If the rMB is not meeting what Apple prescribes inform them that it is impacting your usage and ask what are they going to do about it. I have seen some posts here regarding battery performance and Apple eventually changed the Logic Board due to a bad voltage regulator.

Q-6

9. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

Got my replacement machine in today. Came this time with 2 cycle counts on the battery, and 96.6% design capacity.

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

have it serviced by Apple.
    Absolutely not normal to have battery life below 90% after 6 months...

wow, bring it back

11. BarcelonaPaul Suspended

That's definitely not good. Just checked my April 2010 white MacBook. It's been charged 2200 times and battery health is 80.4% Pretty good!

12. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Supposedly, Applecare will replace batts under 80% capacity. We now have two ribs and love them. but I'll be buying Applecare for both. If they dip under 80% in the next 3yrs, we'll get Apple to make it good. So, at least I know we'll have 80% three years from now, which isn't bad. Given where they are now, I'm guessing that will put us in the 5 1/2-6 hour range.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Likewise. I will buy applecare right at the end of the first year. If the battery dips below 80% they will replace it.

14. sdfd504 macrumors regular

Mine is currently at 83.3% after 41 load cycles and apple support via phone said that was well within normal limits. I plan to watch it for a few more months and take it by a Genius Bar to see their opinion.