Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SagiMor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Hi,

I currently using MacBook Air 2020 (not M1) and looking to buy MacBook 12 inch 2015 due to size.
the key use is mails, web and running basic office 365 app (from word to powerpoint and teams).
my concern based on rummers only is that the Mac will not be able to operate these apps smooth if at all, I can tell that teams is not fully operate even in my MacBook Air i3.

the reason for the purchase is wight and size, I have issues with my shoulder which requires me for minimum weight.

Does anyone here use 2015 model and using office 365, happy to hear your feedback.

cost of the Mac is 350$ and I thought worst case it can be used by the kids for home school at these days to run zoom (if its working).

Thanks

OliveroNYC

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2020
NYC
Works fine for me. Very, very big Excel files slow things down a bit but still keep going. PowerPoint is fine. Only used Teams a bit but was also ok. I think you should be fine.

SagiMor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Thank you, I will do the purchase when looking for very basic flows. I hope that Apple will bring back the 12" size in the future.

I have to say that even today with my MacBook Air i3 :( 2020 TEAMs and Zoom are not running smoothly and for that I'm using my iPad Pro 2018.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.