Macbook 12" Pc world UK

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maxou17, Dec 7, 2016.

1. maxou17 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Thought I would ask some of you for advice...

There's a promotion at the moment at PC world and they give 10% cashback on all Macbook laptops.

I have a rMBP 13" (2013) and wanted to get a rMB as I travel quite often...

I live in Istanbul but my company is based in the UK so I could get 20% Vat back on this purchase.

10% + 20% sounds like a good deal and a more "reasonable" price... Question is: living in Istanbul and buying from a retailer other than Apple scares me a bit as PC world has not been reliable with me in the past in terms of customer service. If I get the Apple Care will I be able to go to Apple in Turkey? or will I have to deal with PC World? Without Apple Care, will Apple repair my computer (if still under warranty)?

Any help would be great! I am in London til Friday :)

thank you

2. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Apple MAC warranties are international especially with AppleCare but you need to get it from a PC World that can give you the correct VAT return documentation

I would also check Dixons price in Heathrow duty free and see if you can get one there without the hassle

Most of my sons MAC's and iphones we buy internationally with no hassle but with Iphones they do have the right to refuse and ask you to return repair to country of purchase, but this is rare and more to do with the legality of certain mods to iphones that are country specific.