Macbook 13.3 highend cooling, is insane

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zybermann, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Zybermann macrumors newbie

Hallo..

I'm new in this "macbook world" - I received my first macbook today, and I was very exited to unpack it and turn it off... When I was during the install of Office 2011, they cooler, get very loud and very insane, and begin to cool extremely much. And right now, it's still is making a extreme cooling, and I don't know why, am not during any heavy programs??:confused:

2. shoegal macrumors member

I just posted a thread about this. It's what I noticed too! I had my 2011 and 2010 models both powered on to use the migration Assistent and 2011 13" is definitely LOUD and cooling like crazy!

3. T34418leONE macrumors member

It's normal for your laptop to kick on the fans pretty high when doing large installs such as the one you did. It's fine, it'll be cooled off and be back down to normal temps soon.

4. Zybermann thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I haven't see it! Sorry....

Yes exactly, it cooles extremely, and very loud. And when it just was staying and i didn't use it, it was OK, but when I touched it, the cooler began again.. it's annoying

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

This is nothing new. My 2008 MacBook Pro is considerably louder than my 2010 Mac Pro when doing anything substantial.

6. Zybermann thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, but now i'm hearing music on youtube and surfing... And it's still insane? It's never quiet??? Eventhrough that i was leaving it alone, and nothing do with it, it stills cools like crazy

7. shoegal macrumors member

True! It was making noise even while just sitting on my desk nothing going on!

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Hmm mine didin't do that. Make sure to do html 5 on youtube. but even with skype calling 5.0 (not video) + a vlc lecture stream and some browser windows, mine was chillin at 2000rpm @ 43C ish or so the whole time. Video on skype would ramp it up though.

9. Zybermann thread starter macrumors newbie

Sick.... It dosent matter what i'm doing, it's cooling very loud...

I don't know why?? Maybe Apple already got some invoices from the problem?

How do you count the degrees? :)

10. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

take it to an apple store and see what the say.

When i installed office 2011 on my mb the fans did not activate at all.

11. brentsg macrumors 68040

OP should post some idle temps and also load temps, along with fan RPM.

12. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Get istat widget or smc fan. Google either. Report back.

13. miabadboys macrumors member

miabadboys

I posted something like this a couple days ago. my MBP 13" highend got very loud when i was restoring 40 - 50 GB of data on plus i was loading new apps PLUS i was so excited getting it, i was watching a 20 min HD at the same time. BTW apart from the fan the Core i7 is fast.
    Since then and now that i got all my data onto it i have not noticed any fan noise with normal use, 3-4 applications open + listening to music. I have a C2D 2009 MBP and nothing i have ever done on it ever got the fan to come on that loud.