Macbook 13.3 sound problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macbo, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Macbo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have Macbook 13.3, Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

The headset jack is broken in MacBook and now the input speakers don't work becouse it. Please let me know what I need to do for enabling input speakers.

When I Power On the MacBook I hear them working, after it no sound at all. Please help me.

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

The headphone jack on the 13" handles both input and output, AND digital/optical/analog output. It is quite possibly one of the most flawed parts of the Mac lineup.

If the switch inside the headphone jack is just stuck you can often unstick it by pulling the cotton from a Q-Tip just enough so it will fit inside the jack. Then jam the stick in, twist it, and jerk it back out a few times. Don't be gentle, you won't break it.

If the switch is actually broken, then it's either bluetooth speakers or a new logic board.

3. Macbo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried it, also I tried to unstick it with glue. The broken plug is still in Macbook.

Please do let me know how do I can enable internal speakers if the broken plug is still in MacBook.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

If the audio jack is broken, there is NO way to get internal speakers working. It's a hardware switch that makes the connection to go between internal speakers and the audio jack. If that jack is broken then the choices are bluetooth speakers, or replace the logic board, because that jack is soldered(with MANY tiny dots) to the logic board.

5. Scherzo macrumors newbie

Bluetooth speakers or USB speakers are an option.

You could take it in and they may be able to unstick it by opening it up and disabling the switch and jack altogether.

Either the apple store or a place like Mac Station